A short virtual CV, current through 8/2022. Full CV in PDF version available here.
- (August 2022 - Present) Sandia National Laboratories.
- John von Neumann Fellow, Albuquerque, NM.
- (January 2021 - August 2022) Florida State University.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate under Max Gunzburger, Columbia, SC.
- Simultaneously a Visiting Research Scholar at the University of South Carolina.
- (August 2019 - December 2020) Texas Tech University.
- Assistant Professor of Practice, San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Remained employed on unpaid leave until August 2022.
- (June 2018 - August 2018) Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- NSF Graduate Research Fellow, Oak Ridge, TN.
- (August 2015 - August 2019) Texas Tech University.
- Graduate Part-Time Instructor, Lubbock, TX.
- (May 2014 - August 2014) University of Texas at Dallas.
- NSF REU Intern, Richardson, TX.
- Ph.D Mathematics (Differential Geometry), Texas Tech University, 2019.
- M.S. Mathematics, Texas Tech University, 2017.
- B.G.S. Chemistry/Mathematics/Music Performance, Texas Tech University, 2015.
- , Max Gunzburger, Lili Ju, Zhu Wang. Energetically Consistent Model Reduction for Metriplectic Systems. ** Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Eng.** (to appear).
- , Max Gunzburger, Lili Ju, Zhu Wang. A Multifidelity Monte Carlo Method for Realistic Computational Budgets. J. Sci. Comput. (to appear).
- . Parallel Codazzi tensors with submanifold applications. Math. Nachr. (to appear).
- , Magdalena Toda, Hung Tran. Stationary surfaces with boundaries. Ann. Glob. Anal. Geom. (2022).
- , Max Gunzburger, Lili Ju, Zhu Wang. A Comparison of Neural Network Architectures for Data-Driven Reduced-Order Modeling. Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Eng. (2022).
- . Planar Immersions with Prescribed Curl and Jacobian Determinant are Unique. Bull. Aust. Math. Soc. 1-6 (2021).
- , Max Gunzburger, Lili Ju, Yuankai Teng, Zhu Wang. Nonlinear Level Set Learning for Function Approximation on Sparse Data with Applications to Parametric Differential Equations. Numer. Math. Theory Methods Appl. (2021).
- , Álvaro Pámpano, Magdalena Toda. Regarding the Euler-Plateau Problem with Elastic Modulus. Ann. Mat. Pura. Appl. (2021).
- , Eugenio Aulisa. Computational p-Willmore Flow with Conformal Penalty. ACM Trans. Graph. 39, 5, Article 161 (September 2020), 16 pages.
- , Magdalena Toda, Hung Tran.
On the variation of curvature functionals in a space form with application to a generalized Willmore energy. Ann. Glob. Anal. Geom. (2019) 56: 147.
Articles in Refereed Conference Proceedings
- , Eugenio Aulisa. Quaternionic Remeshing During Surface Evolution. AIP Conference Proceedings 2425, 330003 (2022).
- , Magdalena Toda, Hung Tran. Willmore-Stable Minimal Surfaces. AIP Conference Proceedings 2425, 330004 (2022).
- Eugenio Aulisa, , Magdalena Toda, Hung Tran. New Developments on the p-Willmore Energy of Surfaces. Proceedings of the XXIst GIQ, BAS - Varna (2019).
- Robert A. Bridges, , Christopher Felder, Miki Verma, Chelsey Hoff. Active Manifolds: A non-linear analogue to Active Subspaces. Proceedings of the 36th ICML, PMLR 97:764-772 (2019).
- . Curvature functionals and p-Willmore energy. PhD Thesis (2019). TTU Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Repository.
- , Álvaro Pámpano, Magdalena Toda. Instability of p-Elastic Curves in \(S^2\). (under review).
- , Max Gunzburger, Lili Ju, Rihui Lan, Zhu Wang. Multifidelity Monte Carlo Estimation for Efficient Uncertainty Quantification in Climate-Related Modeling. (under review).
- , Eugenio Aulisa. Quasiconformal Mappings with Surface Domains. (under review).
- Yuankai Teng, Zhu Wang, Lili Ju, , Guannan Zhang. Learning Level Sets with Pseudo-Reversible Neural Networks for Nonlinear Dimension Reduction in Function Approximation. (under review).
- , Álvaro Pámpano, Magdalena Toda. On p-Willmore Disks with Boundary Energies. (under review).
- Invited talk, SIAM MDS, San Diego, CA. Graph neural networks for model reduction, Minisymposium on machine learning for large-scale scientific data analytics, (25 min; Sep. 26-30, 2022).
- Invited talk, AMS Fall Central Sectional, UT at El Paso, TX. Computing quasiconformal mappings between immersed surfaces, (20 min; Sep. 17-18, 2022).
- Colloquium talk, Texas Tech University, Lubbock. Some nonlinear PDEs in computer graphics and data science, (50 min; Sep 29, 2021).
- Invited talk, Cameron University Mathematics Seminar Series, Lawton, OK (virtual). Calculus for Computer Graphics and Data Science, (50 min; Oct. 19, 2021).
- Invited talk, SIAM Southeastern Atlantic Section, special session on Deep Learning Methods for Data Driven Models, Auburn University, Auburn, AL. Convolutional neural networks for data compression and reduced order modeling, (30 min; Sep. 18, 2021).
- Paper presentation, 18th International Conference of Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics (virtual), Rhodes, Greece, Sep 17-23, 2020. Willmore stable minimal surfaces, (30 min; Sep. 17, 2020).
- Paper presentation, 18th International Conference of Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics (virtual), Rhodes, Greece, Sep 17-23, 2020. Quaternionic remeshing during surface evolution, (30 min; Sep. 17, 2020).
- Invited talk, AMS special session 1159, Geometry of Submanifolds and Integrable Systems (virtual), University of Texas at El Paso, Sep 12-13, 2020. Codazzi tensors with parallel mean curvature, (25 min; Sep. 12, 2020).
- Plenarly lecture as early career speaker, 63rd Texas Geometry and Topology Conference (virtual), Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Apr 24-26, 2020. Stationary surfaces for curvature functionals, (50 min; Apr. 23, 2020).
- Paper presentation, 36th International Conference on Machine Learning, Long Beach, California, June 9-15, 2019. Active Manifolds: A non-linear analogue to Active Subspaces, (June 11, 2019). Presented by Robert Bridges.
- Advanced Calculus I (TTU Math 4350)
- Foundations of Algebra I (TTU Math 3360)
- Higher Mathematics II (PDEs) for Scientists and Engineers (TTU Math 3351)
- Higher Mathematics I (ODEs) for Scientists and Engineers (TTU Math 3350)
- Introduction to Critical Reasoning and Proof (TTU Math 3310)
- Calculus III with Applications (TTU Math 2450)
- Calculus II with Applications (TTU Math 1452)
- College Algebra (TTU Math 1320)
- Intro. to Data Analytics (10-hour short course self-developed for TTUCR)